Multi-asset products and strategies are experiencing significant growth as investment managers seek to diversify their offerings and differentiate their value proposition to asset owners. Firms can implement and support all major multi-asset strategies on Charles River IMS, including absolute return, balanced, and target date funds, as well as risk parity and smart beta products.
The Charles River IMS is a complete front and middle office solution for managing large multi-asset portfolios. The platform provides extensive analytics and instrument support across all asset classes and geographies, including derivatives, structured products and alternatives. Portfolio managers can construct, optimize, and analyze portfolios from a central workspace, with embedded compliance across the investment process. An order and execution management system allows traders to efficiently place and monitor trades using a single blotter for all asset classes, including equities, fixed income, FX, and derivatives. Charles River supports portfolio look-through to any level, including fund-of-funds structures commonly used by multi-asset managers.
Multi-asset Investment Managers can:
- Mitigate the limitations of single asset class risk, performance, portfolio management, and execution systems by consolidating their entire investment process on Charles River IMS
- Manage and monitor risk with extensive scenario analysis, ex-ante risk and attribution capabilities
- Easily incorporate proprietary risk models, analytics and data sources into their investment process
- Comply with growing regulatory mandates imposed by MiFID II and Dodd Frank that impact multiple asset classes
- Monitor geography-specific shareholder disclosure reporting requirements
- Access liquidity and execute trades on hundreds of global execution venues
- Maintain 24/7 visibility into cash and positions across geographically dispersed trading desks