Charles River Enhances Decision Support Tools in 2015; Adds over 30 New and Expanded Client Relationships
March 29, 2016
Boston, MA -Charles River, a front and middle office investment management solution provider, today announced that in 2015 it added over 30 new and major expansions to client relationships across institutional, wealth and alternative investment firms. Charles River’s continued R&D investment in the Charles River Investment Management Solution (Charles River IMS) includes new decision support and risk management tools for Portfolio Managers, multi-asset advanced execution capabilities for Traders, and expanded regulatory coverage and a Global Shareholder Disclosure Service for Compliance departments. The firm also introduced its integrated Enterprise Data Management offering and extended wealth management capabilities in releasing its managed accounts overlay platform for SMA and UMA programs. In addition, Charles River opened new offices in Tokyo and Toronto, and received global ISO 27001 security certification for its cloud-based Application Management, Compliance Advisory Services and Charles River FIX Network.
“In 2015, we introduced new products and services that help clients make timelier and more informed investment management decisions,” said Peter Lambertus, president and CEO, Charles River. “Our new risk management and stress testing capabilities help Portfolio Managers analyze risk exposure and gauge sensitivity to adverse market scenarios. Charles River’s new workstation for fixed income users improves access to liquidity, facilitates price discovery and enhances the quality of trade execution. And we’re expanding our transaction and execution reporting capabilities to help clients prepare for the impact of MiFID II and ensure compliance with this and other major regulations. These and other enhancements enable clients to better manage multi-asset strategies and bring innovative new products to market faster.”
Other 2015 highlights include:
- Over 100 clients leveraging Charles River’s SaaS-based delivery and services
- More than 300 clients live on the new Version 9 series of Charles River IMS
- Over 25,000 users and USD25 Trillion in assets on the platform worldwide
- 7,000+ broker connections across 500+ brokers and 200+ Buy-Side clients on the Charles River FIX Network
- Strengthened strategic partnerships
- Integrated UBS Bond Port’s and KCG BondPoint’s electronic Fixed Income marketplaces with Charles River IMS
- Leveraged aosphere’s Rulefinder for Global Shareholder Disclosure
- Received several industry awards: Buy-Side Technology Awards 2015, “Best Buy-Side OMS”; rankings in the IDC Financial Insights FinTech Top 100 and the American Banker/BAI FinTech Forward; WealthBriefing European Awards 2015, “Best Portfolio Management Solution”; WealthBriefingAsia Singapore Awards 2015, “Best Portfolio Management Solution;” Family Wealth Report Awards 2015, “Best Portfolio Management Solution Provider;” AsianInvestor Annual Trading Poll 2015, “Best OMS;” WSL Institutional Trading Awards 2015, “Best OTC Derivatives Trading Platform;” and MENA FM Fund Services Award 2015, “Best Portfolio Management Software Provider.”
About Charles River
Charles River provides an end-to-end solution to automate front and middle office investment management functions across asset classes on a single platform. Delivered as a hosted service, the solution improves data quality and investment professional productivity, controls risk and lowers technology costs. Charles River serves more than 350 investment firms in over 40 countries in the institutional asset and fund management, private wealth, alternative investments, insurance, banking, and pension markets.