Charles River Expands SaaS-Based Solutions in 2014; Adds 31 New and Expanded Client Relationships
May 1, 2015
Boston, MA – Charles River, a front and middle office investment management solution provider, today announced that in 2014 the company added 31 new and major expansions to client relationships across institutional, private wealth and alternative investment firms. Broadening its private cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) model, the company released new offerings in the Charles River Investment Management Solution (Charles River IMS), including an integrated Investment Book of Record (IBOR), a centralized communications hub for asset managers and wealth management sponsors, and Compliance as a Service (CaaS).
“Most investment firms are migrating to a SaaS model to simplify business processes, improve operations and reduce overall cost and risk,” said Peter Lambertus, President and CEO, Charles River. “Our service meets these objectives by giving clients immediate access to the latest software, ensures availability and quality of needed data, and increases end-user satisfaction at a predictable lower cost. We will continue to roll out SaaS-based solutions for Buy-Side firms, such as our new Manager Workbench portfolio analysis and modeling tool, integrated Enterprise Data Management (EDM) capabilities, and additional compliance advisory services.”
Other 2014 highlights include:
- More than 20,000 live users
- 267 client firms live on the new Version 9 series of Charles River IMS
- 100+ clients leveraging Hosting, Application Management, Data, and Compliance advisory services
Introduced new products and services, including:
- Integrated Investment Book of Record (IBOR); ensures accurate, real-time cash and position data in the front office
- Charles River Wealth Hub; automates asset manager/sponsor communications
- Compliance as a Service (CaaS); provides compliance monitoring in a SaaS model
- Constituent-level benchmark data (Equity and Fixed Income)
- Expanded the Charles River FIX Network to 7,000 broker connections, across 542 brokers and 200+ Buy-Side clients.
Strengthened strategic partnerships to enhance capabilities for traders and portfolio managers:
- TradeWeb and other Swap Execution Facilities (OTC clearing requirements)
- Interactive Data (Corporate Actions data)
- Thomson Reuters (Pricing and Reference data)
- KCG BondPoint (Fixed Income liquidity)
Won several prestigious industry awards: Buy-Side Technology Awards 2014, “Best Buy-Side Compliance Product;” WealthBriefingAsia Singapore Awards 2014, “Best Portfolio Management Solution;” Wall Street Letter Institutional Trading Awards 2014, “Best OTC Derivatives Trading Platform;” and American Banker/Financial Insights, “FinTech Top 100.”
About Charles River
Charles River provides an end-to-end solution to automate front and middle office investment management functions across asset classes on a single platform. Delivered as a hosted service, the solution offers a simplified operating model that improves data quality and investment professional productivity, controls risk and lowers technology costs. Charles River serves more than 350 investment firms in 44 countries in the institutional asset and fund management, private wealth, alternative investments, insurance, banking, and pension markets.