Charles River Development Global Client Conference to Feature Prominent Speaker Line-up
Highly anticipated event will welcome global industry leaders to connect, explore and learn
July 10, 2019
Boston — July 10, 2019 — Charles River Development, a State Street Company, today announced that the Charles River Global Client Conference 2019 will be held on Monday, September 23rd through Thursday, September 26th at the Boston Park Plaza Hotel. The conference, which will give clients ideas and insights for new and improved ways to leverage the Charles River Investment Management Solution, will house more than 50+ cross-disciplinary sessions, and offer one-on-one consultation in the demo center and a showcase of technology partners.
It will also feature a number of notable speakers including:
- Roberto Rigobon, the Society of Sloan Fellows Professor of Management and a Professor of Applied Economics at the MIT Sloan School of Management, will discuss his research on applying big data techniques to economic factors such as inflation measurement and to non-economic factors such as human trafficking. He is also a research associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research, a member of the Census Bureau’s Scientific Advisory Committee, and a visiting professor at IESA.
- Lee Ferridge, head of Macro Strategy for the Americas at State Street Global Markets, will provide an update on the global macro-economic environment and its impact on the investing climate. Lee and his team formulate foreign exchange, fixed income and equity market views for State Street’s range of clients using unique proprietary flow indicators.
- George Serafeim, a Professor of Business Administration at Harvard Business School, will speak on “Portfolio Strategies for the Transition to a Low Carbon Economy”. He has taught courses at the Harvard Business School within the MBA, executive education and doctoral programs, and is currently teaching the elective course “Reimagining Capitalism: Business and Big Problems” in the MBA curriculum, which received the Ideas Worth Teaching Award from the Aspen Institute and the Grand Page Prize.
- William Kinlaw, head of State Street Associates (SSA), the research arm of State Street’s capital markets and analytics divisions and its academic affiliate, will be joined by SSA colleague David Turkington, and Mark Kritzman, CEO of Windham Capital Management, LLC for a session titled “Asset Allocation: Fallacies, Challenges, and Solutions.” Following the session, the authors will distribute signed copies of their recently published book, “A Practitioner’s Guide to Asset Allocation.”
“The Charles River Global Client Conference is a great opportunity for our clients to come together and discuss the trends and themes shaping the world of investment management,” said John Plansky, CEO, Charles River. “This year, we are particularly excited to have some of the industry’s most respected thought leaders presenting, as well as to present Charles River’s latest offerings. This multi-day event will also give our clients a chance to hear the latest news on our front-to-back investment technology platform.”
For more information about the conference, visit: www.crd.com/cc19.
About Charles River, a State Street Company
Charles River Development, a State Street Company, enables sound and efficient investing across all asset classes. Investment firms in more than 40 countries use Charles River IMS to manage more than US$25 Trillion* in assets in the institutional investment, wealth management and hedge fund industries. Our Software as a Service-based solution (SaaS) is designed to automate and simplify investment management on a single platform – from portfolio management and risk analytics through trading and post-trade settlement, with integrated compliance and managed data throughout. Headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, we support clients globally with more than 925 employees in 11 regional offices. For more information, please visit www.crd.com.
*As of April 2019
About State Street Corporation
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is one of the world’s leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $32.6 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.8 trillion* in assets under management as of March 31, 2019, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs approximately 40,000 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street’s website at www.statestreet.com.
* Assets under management include the assets of the SPDR® Gold ETF and the SPDR® Long Dollar Gold Trust ETF (approximately $33 billion as of March 31, 2019), for which State Street Global Advisors Funds Distributors, LLC (SSGA FD) serves as marketing agent; SSGA FD and State Street Global Advisors are affiliated.
©2019 State Street Corporation – All Rights Reserved
State Street Corporation, One Lincoln St, Boston MA 02111