The Global Head of Wealth Management is an executive level position responsible for managing the Wealth Management business and all associated teams globally across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific regions. The Global Head of Wealth Management will have overall responsibility for leading and overseeing the Wealth Management practice. The primary objectives of the role are to drive attainment of key performance targets (Wealth management revenue, new client additions, Product development enhancements, etc.), attract and retain high-value associates, and grow the Wealth Management organization globally with a heavy focus on client satisfaction metrics. This position has direct responsibility for revenue, growth and retention associated with the Wealth Management business.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Serve as the recognized leader of the Wealth Management business within Charles River and represent the business across State Street
• Manage and take responsibility for the P&L of the overall Wealth Management business
• Help drive and evolve the strategic direction of the Wealth Management business, taking into consideration such factors as industry trends, regulatory environments, client feedback, revenue opportunity and competitive analysis.
• Achieve Wealth Management group revenue goals globally, client satisfaction levels and Product delivery targets.
• Executive oversight for wealth based sales efforts across both new business and existing customers
• Successfully meet hiring goals across the wealth management practice.
• Ensure that all staff adheres to corporate policies and procedures.
• Review and assess personnel for compensation and promotion purposes.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong combination of the following experiences and attributes:
Proven experience successfully recruiting and building world class teams.
Prior experience either building or leading a new business venture
Wealth Management industry experience
Responsibility running a business with P&L implications
Strong communication and inter-personal skills
Demonstrable leadership qualities
Ability to make tough decisions, to change and adapt quickly, while remaining focused on customers and executing business initiatives.
Strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence internal business partners in a matrixed work environment
A customer orientation which allows him/her to solicit, acquire, and act on information from customers concerning their current and future needs, issues, and challenges.
Experience managing a large portfolio of clients and building senior level relationships.
Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferred).
10+ years of industry experience.
Ideal Competencies & Experience
Specific knowledge of the investment industry (financial instruments, workflows, major players, trends, etc.).
Strong management background; ability to work both tactically and strategically.
A strong leadership profile coupled with outstanding verbal and written communications.
Superb business judgment and ability to think through complex business issues.
Critical assessment capability –ability to maintain a very high bar and drive excellence in work products, services, hiring, etc.