Hands-on ownership of various business development activities. Plan and execute business development initiatives with close interaction with other CRD senior management and product management. Develop partnerships and informal relationships with CRD’s partner vendors, etc. Oversee as well as personally participate in management of Charles River’s existing 80+ partners. Potentially manage business relationship including revenue sharing agreements with software vendors. Assist as needed in business and contract issues related to data resale and distribution and developing software as a service business models. Responsible for hands-on day to day business development initiatives, driving of process and agreement closure. Attend client events as well as industry vendor events as a representative for CRD’s solution message.
30% – Strategic planning and analysis of opportunities
30% – Hands-on in business development activities – calling on C-Level executives, negotiating and closing business development initiatives
35% Oversee and personally participate in management of relationships with existing partners
5% – Attending and speaking at conferences and other industry events
Position reports to Director, Business Development
- Must be highly analytical to understand and strategize on potential business development initiatives
- Must have ability to develop and execute strategic plans in complex business areas
- Must have deep understanding of the investment industry
- Must have good management skills (ability to delegate and mentor) as well as the ability and interest to operate hands-on in the completion of business development initiatives
- Must be able to comfortably and credibly engage C-Level management at partners, customers and prospects
- Must have excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Must have strong individual track record
- Must have strong negotiation skills
- Must have reasonable technical acumen to understand technical requirements and objections, articulate CRD advantages and mentor staff.
- Experience with security and pricing data resale/distribution and developing a software as a service business model is highly desirable
- Experience in electronic data exchange for position, trades, allocations, etc. across multiple asset classes, for institutional and private wealth is highly desirable
- Sales experience a plus but not at the expensive of deep analytical reasoning and strategic planning
- A college degree is required – a MBA, finance or technical degree is desirable.
Position is based at CRD’s Burlington, MA office and requires full time presence in Burlington when not traveling. Relocation is required for candidates outside the Boston area.
Minimum 5+ years’ experience in some combination of business development, security data resale distribution, developing software as a service business models, electronic trading, and/or related investment industry experience. The candidate must have a deep understanding of the investment industry particularly the major software vendor technology and data providers and preferably understand the major trading venues, asset classes, and OMS vendors. The ideal candidate will have minimally 10-15 years of related experience. Keen interest in Fixed Income and Private Wealth backgrounds.