Primary Purpose of Position:
Charles River Development is driving dramatic transformation across a number of different areas including business strategy to better position the company to continue thriving and growing in the exciting Fin/Tech SaaS space. The Financial Operations and Analytics Team sits at the forefront of many of these changes and plays a key role in helping the company manage through them.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who has the ability to work through ambiguity, think broadly while paying attention to financial and operational details, proactively solve problems, and drive process management. They should have a proven track-record of excellence in modeling, analytics, pricing, deal review, ability to interpret contracts and influence and advise others. Prove record of successful execution of change management initiatives, and a keen understanding of how to drive results.
Looking for dynamic professional with current SaaS/Tech background, public company experience in a fast-paced environment. Full P&L mgmt., complex multi-element arrangement experience, including products, services (professional services, managed services, etc.), revenue recognition 606, understanding of complex contracts and ability to formulate complex pricing strategies as part of deal negotiations and proposals. Very deep and sophisticated financial modeling, technical and analytical backgrounds; metric/data driven. Superb communication and presentation skills. Customer focused mentality, with strong executive presence.
- Proactively work with Sales to optimize the deal structure for opportunities in accordance with accounting guidelines while
optimizing the Company’s revenue objectives and customer interests
- Attend Sales forecast calls and conduct deal review discussions to ensure a complete understanding of all elements of
- Timely communicate nonstandard terms in customer transactions to the Corporate Accounting team
- Collaborate with Legal in the review of contracts and transaction documentation
- Partner with Sales, Sales Operations, legal, and other internal functions on transaction-related requirements
- Identify and manage escalations and internal objections related to pricing and other commercial terms
- Assist in the revenue forecast process Qualifications
- Design and implement sales compensation plans that align with company objectives, motivate sales staff, and drive productive behavior
- Analyze costs (activity based costing) to drive client profitability and margin analysis
- Partner with Sales and other functional leaders
- Implement process improvement initiatives, automation, policies, that align with business imperatives
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A BA/BS degree required, in Finance or Accounting; MBA strongly preferred
- Public accounting or similar industry experience specifically related to multiple element revenue recognition
- A minimum of 12-15 years of experience in finance and sales operations and analytics including public company experience in a relevant industry;
- Must have extensive knowledge and background in commercial finance, including negotiating, interpreting and redlining contracts.
- Experience with pricing strategies in a SaaS/Software environment. Strong and proven knowledge of developing sales compensation plans that are aligned with corporate strategy.
- Autonomously identify business risks and opportunities and create strategic or tactical recommendations using data-driven analysis
- Strong strategic, analytical ability and intellectual curiosity to drive performance improvement and solve business challenges
- Demonstrated Executive presence and ability to work across functional lines as well as with senior management team
- Demonstrated proficiency in a quantitatively heavy position. Strong quantitative and analytical competency is a must
- Experience in technology and/or SAAS is required
- Revenue recognition experience including working knowledge of GAAP ASC 606. Specific experience with multiple element and phasing revenue recognition considerations
- Experience in global B2B SaaS sales enablement process management, business analytics, technology and compensation management strategy
- Compensation Plan Creation and Implementation – Prepare all plans each fiscal year, effectively define sales roles, determine plan components, assist with quota recommendations, and determine optimal commission rate structures.
- Compensation Modeling – Utilize historical and current plan information, planned sales force performance, bookings goals and territory data to model worldwide sales incentive plans and the predicted or probable effects on the budget and overall all attainment performance.
- Compensation Plan Communication – Distribute all incentive plans in a timely manner.
- Compensation Process Improvement – Lead the effort to streamline execution of the incentive compensation planning and processing including policy setting, compliance, and oversight responsibility. Recommend changes in process and/or policies. Reduce and simplify the required documentation and manpower to support the compensation process. Improve and leverage technology and new application development to increase the sales force’s overall understanding and satisfaction as well as decreasing mistakes. Improve the overall compensation company-wide. Implement consistent methodology and equitable alignment of OTE relative to position leveling.
- Understanding of revenue guidance as it relates to bundling multiple elements, future functionality and other complex accounting requirements
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to summarize and present complex revenue transactions to cross-functional teams
- Exceptional people leader: acquire, develop and retain top industry talent to perform beyond expectations
- Good judgment and motivation to enforce the Company’s Code of Conduct, Revenue Recognition and other policies
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced Excel user, experience with planning systems, and ability and desire to dig into details is a must.
- Flexibility with schedule and ability to work beyond regular business hours
- Team playing collaborator with highest levels of integrity
- Highly organized, but entrepreneurial with a desire to act quickly with a sense of urgency to meet tight deadlines
- Strong leader—action oriented and leads from the front
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed in a stationary position (E.G. sitting or standing) such as answering the phone, operation of a computer, and/or operation of a photocopier.
- Involves movement between departments to facilitate workflow.
Internal and External Contacts:
- Interfaces regularly in both verbal and written form with all levels of professionals. Interfaces directly with employees from all departments to resolve related issues in a timely manner.
- Reports to the Lead Finance Officer (CRD CFO), who provides supervision, guidance and evaluates work performance on a periodic basis.