Charles River experts follow a simple upgrade methodology to implement Charles River IMS as a hosted service:
- Create a project plan – Review project objectives and resources, identify potential data gaps and opportunities for strategic as well as incremental upgrade benefits, and estimate the time and effort required for the upgrade
- Provision the hosting environments – Order and configure the Test, Production, and Disaster Recovery environments and configure connectivity
- Perform technical upgrade – Load and upgrade a copy of the client’s database at Charles River’s secure facilities, leveraging state of the art infrastructure and system expertise
- Activate new features – Consult with the client to identify new capabilities and data sets they wish to access, and configure the system and workflows accordingly
- Replace customizations with native capability – Review database triggers and other client-specific customizations and replace as appropriate with new Charles River IMS capabilities
- Revise custom reports – Review any client-specific reports and revise as needed
- Configure FIX connectivity and interfaces –Identify, configure and test all FIX connections and other interfaces
- User testing – Work with the client to perform rigorous user acceptance testing
- Go-Live – once testing is complete, the client goes live on the latest software version, delivered as a service hosted by Charles River.
Charles River’s proven approach to implementing our SaaS-based delivery model ensures standardization, streamlines the process and helps clients capture significant added value for end users.
Read more about our SaaS-based solution.