Charles River Development Web Site Privacy Statement
This document was last updated on January 7, 2014.
This Privacy Statement describes Charles River Development’s (“Charles River”, “the Company”) practices regarding the use and disclosure of Personal Information that may be collected when you interact with our web sites, including http://www.crd.com. Personal Information includes but shall not be limited to the following types of information:
- First Name, Last Name, Title, Company Name, Address, Phone Number
- Email Address, UserID and Password, or a subset of such information
- Usage, viewing, and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites or open emails we send.
ConsentYour entry of Personal Information into our web sites constitutes your consent to the use, processing, and transfer of your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
How We Use Your InformationWe use any Personal Information you provide to respond to inquiries about our offerings, and to customize the content of our web sites, products and services. We will use your Email address and other Personal Information to send you updates or information related to our software. In addition, if you have given us permission, we may use your Personal Information to communicate with you about products and services we believe may be of interest to you. Users who wish to stop receiving marketing materials may unsubscribe by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note, however, that in order to fulfill our service obligations to you, we must continue sending you notices and other important information affecting your services.
Updating Your Personal InformationPlease notify us of any changes to your name, address, title, phone number or email address by emailing us at . To aid in processing your request, please include the following details:
- Your contact information (your name and email address)
- Your changed name, address, title, phone number or email address
Transfer of Your InformationWe may, and you authorize Charles River to, transfer your information to any Company affiliate worldwide for the purpose of processing or storage. Additionally, we may, and you authorize Charles River to, transfer your information to the extent that:
- We have your written consent.
- Transfer is to other Charles River entities and/or business partners who are acting on our behalf for the uses described in “How We Use Your Information”.
- Transfer is required by law or court order.
- Transfer is done in connection with a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of Charles River.
- Charles River believes that transfer is necessary to limit our liability or protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Charles River, its affiliated companies, this web site or its users.
Public ForumsYou may participate in public forums on our web sites, such as commenting on a posting or submitting questions, responses or other content. Any information you post will be publically viewable on the web site as soon as that information is submitted, and could be used by others to send you unsolicited communications. Please be careful about disclosing information in public forums.
SecurityCharles River takes reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect the security of Personal Information. These measures include:
- Limiting those who have access to your information to those who have a need to know
- Requiring employees with access to take appropriate measures to safeguard information they access
- Implementing technical controls to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure.
You may choose to change your browser settings to disable cookies, however, you may not be able to complete certain activities or access certain information on this web site if cookies are disabled.
In addition, service providers that collect tracking data on our behalf may provide an opportunity for you to choose not to be tracked online. Also, some browsers allow you to set a “Do Not Track” flag, though Charles River does not honor the Do Not Track signals if set.