Charles River Investment Management Solution
The Charles River Investment Management Solution
(Charles River IMS) automates front- and middle-office investment management functions across global business lines, asset classes and currencies on a single platform. Tightly-integrated capabilities support portfolio management, performance and risk, compliance monitoring, order and execution management, and post-trade processing. Charles River’s operating model includes enterprise software, data, application management, hosting and FIX network to improve investment professional productivity, control risk and lower technology costs. The solution streamlines workflows across a common platform, accurately-maps and manages data, standardizes interfaces, and simplifies day-to-day system management and upgrades.
Charles River continuously develops Japanese-specific workflows and functionality in Charles River IMS including support for Japanese language. We understand Japan’s distinct legal and compliance regulations and provide comprehensive, distinct regulatory and standard rule libraries, including support for the Investment Trust Association (ITA) of Japan.
Charles River delivers advanced capabilities in a hosted solution:
Multi-Asset Class Support
- Flexible,spreadsheet like modeling/portfolio construction tool to minimize Excel use
- Integrated performance, attribution and ex-post risk
- One platform for multi-asset order and execution management
- Direct access to hundreds of brokers and liquidity destinations
- Reference, analytic and benchmark data
- Real-time pricing, exchange data and new security setup
- Compliance monitoring across the trade lifecycle
- Central and local post-trade matching and settlement
- Independent Investment Book of Record (IBOR)
- Japanese and International Equities
- Japanese and International Fixed Income
- Listed and OTC Derivatives
- Foreign Exchange
Charles River has a Tokyo office, maintains Asia-Pacific regional headquarters in Melbourne and additional offices in the region are located in Singapore, Hong Kong and Beijing. Charles River specialists in the Tokyo office are fluent in English and Japanese, and provide clients with local implementation, consulting and support services.
Charles River serves more than 350 investment firms in 43 countries in the institutional asset and fund management, private wealth, alternative investments, insurance, banking, pension and custody markets. Charles River has operated in Asia-Pacific for over a decade and serves around 140 clients across the region including over 25 domestic and International clients in Japan.